Friday, October 26, 2018

My, how time flies!

The main reason for my absence on my blogs and lack of novel production is that two main things have happened. One is a lot of life complications, and the other was my computer was hacked and invaded several times...once is too many! A few of the life complications were illness and death of a dear friend, life-threatening illness with month-long hospitalization of my husband, medical surgery for biopsy (me), and my personal dental problems (breakage and pain, root canal, crown). Then add to that, my closer relatives have had their share of health and financial challenges, some of which impacted me directly. Such is life.

I have been neglecting the sequel to Dreams & Secrets. It's currently stuck and less than ten chapters completed mainly because of the computer issues and many distractions. I'm planning to reissue my books under DuannaLee Post, but I haven't even begun that project. Good intentions blown off course by my inability to focus...creative writing involves both mood and environment.

The bad news is that the next few months will be just as difficult. I need to write for its calming effects. The constant high stress levels have affected my health and mental well-being. Creativity is not a luxury, and hobbies are a necessity for mental health. Better balance in my life is a must and my highest priority. Wish me good luck.

No comments: