Monday, July 2, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy!

It's summertime, and that means more time with my grandchildren. I enjoy that, but that also translates into less time to relax, think, write, etc. Of course, grandchildren are distractions, too. Distractions from writing as well as distractions from everyday stresses. What shall I do? People first, things second, as I always say.


With grandchildren come the questions I deplore. They always start with "What's your favorite. . .?" I don't have favorites, although I have many preferences. So answering those questions has always been . . .a pain in the neck. Headache time. Don't get me wrong. I am extremely opinionated. No doubt about that. I just don't have favorites. Favorite color? I mostly wear blue, black, red, white, green. Favorite food? Potatoes fixed any way, Italian & Mexican. Favorite movie? Ever After, Somewhere in Time, The Lake House, Harry Potter (most of them), Back to the Future 1st & 3rd. I can't pick ONE favorite, not one that I prefer over the others, so don't ask!


Still trying to finish Before Sunset. It's getting close to completion. It is more in accordance with the traditional romance novel plot template. I have decided to pursue standard publication methods for Dreams & Secrets first. I have to consider my end goal. With the cost of ISBNs and the potential epub revenue from research I have done, it would be for vanity only. If for vanity, I could just release it on a website. I might try that somewhere down the road if all other efforts fail, in hopes of attracting positive attention and fans in order to eventually get published, but I would prefer an income-producing method over that. Then again I could test those waters with one of my other works. So many decisions!  :)

No comments: