Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Goodbye 2013

Well, the year is almost over. I had a goal to get at least one of my five novels published this year. No luck yet. Since I don't have any out at the moment, I doubt that is going to change unless I hurry up this week and am very, very lucky.

This year I've spent a lot of time fine-tuning and polishing three of my novels. Two mostly due to fighting Microsoft problems with Word, trying to get clean copies ready, again. Plus my first one to make layout modifications, so it is more palatable for the spoon-fed readers who can't accept something different, by breaking it into five parts (still one novel). There's an irritating attitude of "Follow a basic storyline or I come unglued!" That's not a quote, but it's the underlying message. Argh! A little grumpy? Me? Just a bit.

Yes, I listened to one acquaintance and reluctantly broke it into 5 parts. I wanted to tell her to do me a favor and read something else! Not to tell me to redo it to fit her preferences. She also wanted me to add lots of flowery descriptions. It's too long already, and everyone else who read it thought it was descriptive enough. (That person is not one of my followers, so her feelings won't be hurt. By the way, she loves the 50 Shades trilogy and would hate many of the classics.)

I'm currently re-reading Little Women, and it breaks a lot of current trends. It's still a great book.

No comments: